Accessing support with Cardiff Women’s Aid and RISE Cardiff during COVID-19
If you’re stuck at home with someone who scares you, makes you feel small or worthless, or who hurts you, it can be really hard to reach out for help, especially if you’re worried about being overheard. Even if you’re no longer in a relationship which is hurtful to you, talking about it can be really hard to do.
That’s why we have various options for accessing support, depending on what is comfortable and safe for you.
1. Call us, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 02920460566.
2. Text us, Monday to Friday 9am-7pm and weekends 9am-4.30pm, on 07727462793
3. Webchat, Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm, at rise-cardiff.cymru
4. Video chat – arrange at a convenient time for you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email address to access support via email if you’d prefer.
5. Access peer support via our online survivors’ forum. To request to join, please email SHOUT@cardiffwomensaid.org.uk
For more information about our survivors’ forum, please click here.
For any other queries, call our main helpline on 02920460566.
Remember, if you are in danger, always call 999 first. The police are still available to help. If you need to call the police but it is not safe to talk, you can use the Silent Solution. This means listening to the operator, and when prompted, dialing 55 to ensure that they know to send officers to help you.